- Walmart Money Centers are a type of store or an alternative to banks that provide financial services. These financial services are safe, provide convenience, and are a little cheap to utilize.
- The type of financial services includes credit cards, prepaid debit cards, cash services, and money transfers.
- Most Walmart Money centers provide these services even if they are not based with a designated center.
- Not only this, Walmart has a 24*7 calling service applicable for the customers.
- In this article, we will look into all the deep parameters of Walmart Money Center so that one can utilize the benefits effectively.
What are the Walmart Money Center hours?
Generally, the working hours from Monday to Saturday are 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and on Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, but these may vary store to store.
You can always check the timings of your preferred store online before actually visiting it. To check the timings, follow the below steps:-
- Visit www.walmart.com
- Click on the above three-line bar on the top left side in order to open another menu.
- Click on Local Store.
- Click on Store Finder.
- Enter your location through the provided ZIP code or state.
- Click on Update Location
- Click on Details to browse the timings and other details too.
- Call at the given number and confirm the timing.
>> You may also like: When Does Target Restock? <<
Services available at Walmart Money centers:-
- Check Cashing
- If you require a payroll of your cash checks and do not have a bank account, the check cashing will definitely make your work easy. This will also work if you do not have a debit card. You can easily convert your checks into cash.
- Go Bank
- Mobile checks for accounts if you do not have a bank account or find it hard to have one.
- Blue Bird
- BlueBird is a prepaid monthly debit card with zero fees, this is required if you want a free checking account.
- Walmart Money Card
Walmart Money Cards are prepaid debit cards with amazing cashback offers. 3% cashback is offered when using walmart.com, 2% cashback is offered when using Walmart Gas Stations, and 1% cashback is offered when using Walmart Stores.
- Walmart Bill Pay
This service allows you to pay bills during online shopping if you are a regular shopper and do not have a bank account.
- Walmart Rewards Card
These are the credit cards that can be used anywhere whenever master cards are accepted. This is best if you usually spend a lot on Walmart.com
- Walmart Money Transfers
This service allows you to quickly send cash to another Walmart store. It is best if the receiver is near the Walmart store only and can access the money quickly.
- Money Gram Transfer Money
This service allows transactions as in persons or online modes whenever the transaction has to be done instantly.
Purchases and Pending Money
Because the merchant payments may take a few days to reflect on the account, it is very important to ensure that your Walmart Money Card holds an amount that is sufficient for your next purchase.
You can always check your pending or post payments in the transaction history. This can be done online 24*7. To do so follow the below steps –
- Login into www.WalmartMoneyCard.com
- Add your mobile number for a successful login
- Select Account Settings
- Text the below commands to 96411
- To check the balance send “BAL LAST 4” to 96411. Here the last 4 digits of your card number are to be entered.
- To check previous transaction history, send “HIST LAST 4” to 96411.
- You will receive a text message regarding your requirement.
>> You may also like: Where to Find and Buy Citric Acid in the Grocery Store? <<
Do Cash Checks from Walmart take place on Sundays and Saturdays?
Yes, Walmart Cash Checks on their usual timing on Saturday as well Sunday. For Saturday the timing is between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. For Sunday, the timings are between 10:00 AM to
6:00 PM. The only condition to make yourself eligible for cash checks on Sunday is to carry a valid form of your photo ID to the store, without this you will not be offered any cash check.
>> You may also like: Creme Fraiche: Where to Find It in The Grocery Store? <<
How to get verified for cash checks at Walmart?
The most important thing is to carry a valid form of the photo ID as discussed above.
To cash check your money at Walmart you will have to go to the cashier on the checkout counter or you can also look for a staff member.
Walmart authenticates all the verification based on the photo ID issued by the government along with the check to be converted into cash.
The current limit of check cashing is $7,500 due to the tax return season. Initially, it was $5,000 in 2018.
Apart from all this, to cash your check at Walmart Money Center, a minimal amount of fee which is required is $4 for the checks below worth $1,000 and $8 for those checks worth more than $1,000.
This may be subject to change at any time in the future.
>> You may also like: Where to Find And Buy Star Anise in the Grocery Store? <<
Walmart Money Centers makes it very easy to undergo financial transactions at a very low price and at places you already visit frequently.
Walmart Services are effective, cheap, convenient, and easy to use. People who lack a full-fledged bank account make the most benefit out of this and it helps them to save time.
But as we discussed, the services are limited, hence they should be used carefully. It helps in real-time money transfers for those people who cannot transfer money through bank accounts or if someone has to proceed with the transactions instantly.
The only conditions for such transactions are that the receiver’s side should also be a member of Walmart Money Center and should hold a Walmart Money Card.
As we know, Walmart is not a bank, so in order to process all the services, it partners with other financial institutions which include banks or other licensed money transfer companies or portals.