- Many people wonder whether Costco does oil changes in 2022.
- The answer is no. However, they offer a wide range of other services that can be beneficial to your car and help you save money on auto repairs.
- Read on to learn more about what they offer and where you can access their services.
Does Costco perform oil changes in 2022?
Costco no longer provides oil changes in 2022. This has been a gradual process since 2016. However, they offer many other services such as tire installation, repair, and maintenance at their Tire Centers.
Notably, Costco has also discontinued battery services.
Where Else Can I Get Oil Changed? Best Places to Get an Oil Change (with prices)
With Costco discontinuing oil change services in 2022, there are many other places you can have your motor oil changed and at a good price. Check out some of these options:
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change – $45 for a regular oil change and up to $89.99 for a full synthetic oil change.
- Jiffy Lube – Basic oil changes start at just under $50 and can go up to $99 for an ultra full synthetic oil change.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care – Oil changes start at just $30 but can cost as much as $100 for a premium synthetic oil change.
- Walmart – between $20 and $30 for their standard service. Synthetic oil change costs around $45 on average.
- Prep Boys – Their oil changes start at $40, with synthetic oil costing twice as much.
- Local dealer – Prices can vary quite a bit depending on where you are located. However, expect to pay between $50-$100 for an oil change, although synthetic oil will always cost more than standard motor oil.
Does Costco Sell Motor Oil?
Yes, Costco does sell motor oil and other types of lubricants. In addition to motor oil, they also have transmission fluid for the car’s automatic transmission.
They also have batteries, wheels, car electronics, and truck accessories, to name a few.
>> You may also like: Where is jackfruit in the grocery store?<<
What Auto Services Does Costco Offer?
Costco offers a wide range of car services in 2022, including tires, brakes, batteries, pressure checks, and more.
They have over tire centers in almost each of their 558 stores nationwide to provide the following:
- Tires: Installation and repairs can be done at Costco tire centers with complimentary tire balancing and rotation for cars with lifetime balancing and rotation services (excludes retreaded tires). These services are complimentary to tires bought from Costco, not elsewhere.
- Brakes: Costco auto mechanics inspect the health of your brake system and let you know if they need to be replaced or repaired.
- Air pressure checks: Costco auto mechanics will check the air pressure in your tires and let you know if they need to be inflated or deflated.
- Rubber valve stem replacement: Your tires are equipped with rubber valve stems that can wear down over time. When this happens, you need to have them replaced for safety reasons. Costco car mechanics will replace your rubber valve stems if need be.
Where to access Costco Auto Services?
Costco has tire centers in almost all of its warehouses. Simply visit Costco’s website and type in your zip code to find a list of all their nearest warehouses. The distance between your location and each individual warehouse will be listed alongside.
Since not all warehouses have a tire center, the ones that have that facility will have a small tire icon adjacent to or below the details of the warehouse. These are the ones you should go to for tire services.
>> You may also like: How Many Apples in a Pound? What About a Cup or Peck?<<
Does it matter where you get your oil changed?
It doesn’t matter where you go to have an oil change, but the mechanic performing the service must have proper training.
So long as they properly drain the oil, refills with fresh motor oil, and ensures that no other fluid is contaminated. It doesn’t matter where you go to have an oil change.
Is $100 expensive for an oil change?
Yes, $100 is pretty high for a regular oil change, especially if it does not include the cost of your motor oil.
Different service centers offer different prices with different service packages, so you should compare their services before choosing one based on price alone.
Who is better, Jiffy Lube or Valvoline?
Jiffy Lube and Valvoline are two of the most popular options for oil changes in 2022. Each has its own set of pros and cons to consider when deciding which one is right for you. It only depends on the service you need, not the overall package, which can vary in price and entail.
>> You may also like: What’s The Difference Between Dates And Prunes?<<