- Flaxseed oil, also known as flax oil, is produced from the ripe and dried seeds of the flax plant.
- It is usually yellowish and can polymerize into solid, meaning it is a drying oil.
- Read on to find out where you can buy flaxseed oil and more about this unique oil.
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Flaxseed Oil In?
Many stores, both online and physical sell flaxseed oil. When purchasing, flaxseed oil may probably be at the vitamin and supplements aisle or the baking aisle.
You may find either the supplement or bottles liquid flaxseed oil, or maybe both. When purchasing, be sure to distinguish between vegan and non-vegan flaxseed oil.
What Stores Sell Flaxseed Oil?
Various stores sell flaxseed oil, whether online or brick-and-mortar stores. Some of the common stores selling flaxseed include:
- Walmart – Walmart sells flaxseed oil both in-store and online. They offer various brands like Puritan pride and Now. Walk to the vitamin and supplement section aisle and get your oil there.
- Amazon – You may be certain to find any brand and type of flaxseed oil on Amazon. They offer these oils at affordable prices compared to other stores.
- Local health food store – Local health food stores are probably the best sellers for any nutritional and health beneficial supplement and oil.
- Whole foods – This store offers up to 365 varieties of oils, flaxseed oil being among them.
- Kroger – Here you may find Nature’s ways and Spectrum brands easily.
- Trader Joe’s
>> You may also like: Where Is Cornstarch In The Grocery Store?<<
Which brand of flaxseed oil is the best?
Some of the best brands for flaxseed oils are:
- Now foods – They are a trusted brand that offers flaxseed oil in both oil and capsules.
- Nature made – Nature made company has been known to make comprehensive products and flaxseed oil is just one of them. They pride themselves in making pills from this oil.
- Nature wise – Known for Cold-pressed and organic health products, Nature wise is one of the best brands out there for flaxseed oil.
- Barlean’s organic – They are a renowned brand with pride in making liquid oils.
- Jarrow formula – This is quite a simple brand but produces quality flaxseed oil.
- Zahler Flaxseed Oil
- Nature’s Potent
- Solgar Flaxseed
- 2Healthy – Produce non-GMO and organic capsules.
What is flaxseed oil good for?
Flaxseed oil has numerous benefits to the human body and skin due to its richness in Omega 3 fatty acids. Some benefits include:
- Heart benefits like lowering blood pressure and decreasing triglycerides.
- Reduces chronic inflammation.
- Skin improvement and protection again UV light.
- Treats gastrointestinal symptoms and issues.
- Solves constipation and diarrhea
- Improves bowel movement.
>> You may also like: Where is jackfruit in the grocery store?<<
How much does flaxseed oil cost?
Flaxseed oil may be costly but worth it. Various stores have different prices but the range is barely much. For instance, you may get Barlean’s Flax Oil is 100% organic at $23.55 while shipping with Amazon may attract a price of $17.99, though Amazon usually costs less.
Different brands also price flaxseed oil differently.
Which is better linseed oil or flaxseed oil?
Despite sharing the same parent plant, Linum usitatissimu, both linseed and flaxseed oils differ in quality.
This is because flaxseed oil is sold pure and organic, ready and fit for human consumption while linseed undergoes major refining while processing.
Refining of linseed oil means that additives are added to the oil and perhaps conservatives.
Flaxseed also contains the essential Omega 3 fatty acids which are highly nutritious while linseed doesn’t. linseed is majorly used in manufacturing processes while flaxseed is used for nutritional purposes.
>> You may also like: Why are Whole Foods More Expensive?<<
Where to buy Flaxseed Oil capsules?
Arguably, the best place to buy flaxseed oils and any health and organic products is any health food store near you.
Moreover, you may find flaxseed oils at any store, both physically and online. The aisle may be vitamins and supplements, especially for flaxseed oil capsules.
You may also find these capsules in a drugs store or pharmacy if lucky. Taking flaxseed oil capsules may be essential to your health, although it may take between two to three weeks to see the results.
Is flaxseed oil good for seasoning cast iron?
Flaxseed is good for seasoning cast iron since it has low smoke points. Seasoning cast iron pans with flaxseed oil are becoming a trend.
However, linseed oil may be the best of the two in seasoning cast iron. It has better drying oil components to transform into a hard film.